Re: Cygwin-bug#20070914T0555: mksh getop bug

Jari Aalto dixit:

>I've ported mksh to Cygwin and we're considerign including it in the
>distributions.

Thanks, thatâs great. Could you let me have a look at that, just out
of interest, as I havenât really understood the Cygwin packaging
process myself, otherwise I had submitted one earlier.

>The Cygwin users have found following bug in pdkdh's getopt handling,
>which is also present in mksh. Could you take a look:
>
>  http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-01/msg00073.html

This is not a bug in the shell, but rather in the script. You must
either use OPTIND=1 together with shift, to reset option processing,
as per the manual page, or just not use shift at all.

bye,
//mirabilos
existence.		-- Coywolf Qi Hunt