RE: Uninstalling a program from Cygwin in Windows XP

On 14 September 2007 13:56, D wrote:

> When I tried to ask the developer of the program how to remove the program
> he indicated that the problem was not with fontforge, but with Cygwin,

  He is wrong.

  The command he provided is a simple delete of all the files that the
installer should have installed.  If it doesn't work, it's not because Cygwin
refused to delete the files for no reason, it's because he's specified the
wrong paths in that command.

> If on the other hand all I have to do is just manually remove the program,
> I did not know that was possible because I was under the assumption that
> since I used cygwin to install the program I would need (cygwin) to
> uninstall the program.  Do I just go to the directory that it is located in
> and delete the file and that is it.  Or is there more that I would need to
> do?

  Basically, you need to find the files listed in the 'rm' command:

> $ rm -rf /usr/local/bin/{fontforge,sfddiff} \
> /usr/local/lib/{libgdraw,libgunicode,libuninameslist}*
> \
> /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/fontforge.pc \
> /usr/local/man/man1/{fontforge,sfddiff}.1 \
> /usr/local/share/doc/fontforge \
> /usr/local/share/locale/*/LC_MESSAGES/FontForge.mo

and delete them.  That's all the command does.

    cheers,
      DaveK