Re: screen reattach not working?

On 2007-10-04, Gary Johnson wrote:
> On 2007-10-04, Damjan Lango wrote:
> > Hi!
> > What is the current status of screen reattach?
> > For me it does not work under the default cygwin bash shell, which
> > uses cmd console afaik and it does not work under cygwin sshd. The
> > only way it works is under cygwin rxvt. I would most like to use it
> > under sshd.
> > What's the magic to make it work? :)
>
> I just tested my setup and it works fine.  I didn't set up anything
> specially as far as I know.
[...]
> I would not expect screen to work from a console.  What kind of
> terminal are you using when you try to use it "under cygwin sshd"?

I just tried another experiment.  From a default Cygwin bash shell
running in a console, I ssh'd to another machine running Cygwin, ran
screen there, detached, logged out, ssh'd back in, and reattached
screen.  Again, it worked fine.  I was wrong about screen not
working from a console.

Regards,
Gary