Re: screen reattach not working?

Andrew Schulman wrote:
Hi!
What is the current status of screen reattach?
For me it does not work under the default cygwin bash shell, which
uses cmd console afaik and it does not work under cygwin sshd. The
only way it works is under cygwin rxvt. I would most like to use it
under sshd.
What's the magic to make it work? :)

Hi Damjan. There's information about this in /usr/share/doc/screen/README.Cygwin. Read that, but the short version is that all features of screen are supposed to work correctly in a DOS console with CYGWIN=tty (set before you open the console), and in rxvt, PuTTYcyg, and xterm. I'm not sure about an ssh session.

If it will work from a DOS console with CYGWIN=tty, it should work fine from
ssh.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746