rxvt default font awful

rxvt default font setting is awful, at least on vista.
Here is a screenshot:
http://damjan.lango.googlepages.com/rxvt-font.jpg
comparing the default font with some other font settings (terminal,
lucida console, 7x14)
rxvt --help which should report used resources says:

$ rxvt --help 2>&1 | grep font:
  font:               fontname

app-defaults/Rxvt has:
Rxvt*font:		-bitstream-bitstream vera sans
mono-medium-r-normal--*-160-*-*-m-*-iso8859-1

I guess the bad looking font is because I do not have this font
installed on the system, does it come with cygwin? I haven't found a
package for that.
I suggest changing the default font setting for cygwin rxvt.