Re: cygwin 1.5.24-2 gcc 3.4.4 stdio.h

> I just downloaded cygwin 1.5.24-2 (just a couple of hours ago) and
> compiled the following program with "gcc -ansi fred.c"
> (NOTE the "-ansi" keyword):

I have only the C99 standard in front of me, but its syntax should
be the same as ANSI, which is:

typedef-name:
  identifier

and not,

typedef-name:
  identifier1 identifier2... identifiern

The compiler is looking for a semicolon after, "fred," and your
example is lacking a semicolon after, "here," anyway.

This is not the compiler's job - to demangle a possibly inconistent
type statement.  It's the job of the parser and is potentially expensive
and invalid.

IMHO,

Robert

--