Re: Open Sound System

Samuel Thibault wrote:
Carlo Florendo, le Thu 15 Nov 2007 09:45:54 +0800, a écrit :
Nikodem wrote:
Is it planned to support OSS? Many programs use it, and that's native Linux lib :(
The OSS suites are Linux kernel modules. (And why OSS when there's ALSA?)

Windows has its own sound API and I don't think OSS could be ported to windows.

Why not? OSS is actually just a bunch of ioctls.

You can. In theory.

However, for all practical intents and purposes, that means that one will have to rewrite all the sound-card drivers from Linux to Windows.

If there is something in ALSA or OSS that I'd like ported to Cygwin, it would perhaps be the MIDI sequencer and systhesizer interfaces rather than the PCM or Sound card interfaces.

Best Regards,

Carlo

--
Carlo Florendo