Re: configure command does not run.... d2u does not help either... appreciation from Dave

> >> I am trying to compile a package called "meep" by means of cygwin.
> >> While running the configure command I get an error as:
> >>
> >> ./configure: line 13: $'r': command not found
> >
> >Guess #1:  Don't use WinZIP (or any other windows GUI program)

 unpack
> >.tar.gz files for Cygwin, because they mangle the line ends from LF

 CRLF.
> >Use "tar xvzf meep-0.10.1.tar.gz" in a bash shell instead.

I run into this exact thing all the time and still forget to NOT use the Windows un-tar utility.

I don't know why d2u doesn't work though, if it really is just a LF/CRLF problem.
I can use the Windows tar functions for non-cygwin related items. Just not with cygwin.