Re: Installing on a Samba share drive

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 11:38:54PM -0500, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>
>>> System attribute of the symlinks weren't/couldn't be set?
>> You're showing your age, Larry.  :-) .lnk files shouldn't have system
>> attributes.  They should just be readonly.  But that would be the case if
>> a *cygwin* cp/tar/cpio/etc. command was used to create the files.
>

> Has 'setup.exe' finally been updated to create .lnk file style symlinks?
> Guess it has been a while since I've wandered through that code. :-)

Ah, good point.  I was actually thinking this might have been the same
thing that as someone on IRC was reporting where I thought they said
that they just saw .lnk files but I see now that this wasn't mentioned
above.  Sorry about that.

Same answer, though.  Using cygwin utiltities to create the files should
rectify the problem.

cgf