Re: Intermittent perl crash

On Dec 17, 2007 3:22 PM, Michael Kairys <kairys@comcast.net> wrote:

> "Michael Kairys" <kairys@comcast.net> wrote in message
> fk695v$1t2$1@ger.gmane.org">news:fk695v$1t2$1@ger.gmane.org...
>
> > By "fairly simple" I mean ones I'm working on that at this point are only
> > reading arguments and doing string operations.
>
> Sorry, one more thing, and probably "the" thing: system("notepad &");
> So this is clearly fork-related, but I can't get it to fail consistently
> (or, right now, at all.)

How are you starting the script?  From a cygwin bash shell, command
prompt, or clicking on the .pl file?  The references to
"D:\Local\Cygwin\bin\perl.exe" make me think the script is being
called through a windows mechanism instead of a cygwin one.

Maybe the .dll messages mean something to someone else?