From: Jerome Fong [mailto:jfong@successmetricsinc.com] Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2008 15:38
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: mkpasswd (264): [5] Access is denied.

I'm get the mkpasswd error now even though I wasn't getting it before. I've tried this on several machines now running both XP and Vista without much luck. Therefore it doesn't appear to be a OS problem.

I saw the previous thread that said:

"Nothing Cygwin can do anything about.  The access denied error came
directly from the Windows system call NetUserEnum.  The culprit is on
the server side which returns the user records."

However, I didn't see what I need to change on the Windows system side to fix this problem. My System Admin is willing to make changes, but we need to know what needs to change? Does anyone have any idea?

thanks,

Jerome