Re: where is pdflatex gone?

Sven Köhler <skoehler@upb.de> wrote:
> ... can the tetex packages be fixed, so that they supply a pdflatex link?

My understanding is that support for tetex has been stopped and that
in its place texlive is available..

"TeX live is a TeX distribution which is advised as the replacement of its no-longer supported counterpart teTeX"

"TeX live has been developed since 1996 by collaboration within the TeX Users Group. It follows the TeX Directory Structure.

http://www.tug.org/texlive/

Are there any plans to adopt the texlive package for cygwin?  I would if I had a good understanding of TeX, but I don't.

MikTex is a Windows specific implementation and is not aware of posix pathnames, etc..., so a "native" cygwin tex package would be welcome.

regards