Re: Cannot install cscope in cygwin

On 2008-01-15, Pham D. Loc wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I started using cygwin and trying to install cscope on WinXP but i
> couldn't get pass the first step running configure.  The cscope
> I've download is version 15.6.  When I tried to run configure, I
> get the following error messages:
>

> PDL@homeuse /cygdrive/d/Program Files/cscope/cscope-15.6
>
> $ ./configure
>
> ./configure: line 11: $'\r': command not found
>
> ./configure: line 19: syntax error near unexpected token `elif'
>
> '/configure: line 19: `elif test -n "${BASH_VERSION+set}" && (set -o posix) >/dev/null 2>&1; then
>

> Any help would be appreciated.

My guess is that your configure script has DOS (CR-LF) line endings,
probably resulting from unpacking the cscope archive file using some
Windows archiving program, such as WinZip.  You can fix this
particular file by using d2u.  However, you might be better off by
deleting all the unpacked files and unpacking the archive again
using Cygwin tools such as tar.

HTH,
Gary