"net use" and sshd passwd vs. public-key

I'm running Cygwin sshd on a WinXP-Pro machine.  When I ssh-in
using a password, I can map drives with "net use".  When I set
up an authorized_keys file so I don't have to enter a password,
"net use" stops working: I get a system error 5 "access
denied", and it appears to be generated by the machine where
the "net use" is being run, not by the SMB server (it never
sees a request).

>From searching the group, I see this is a known issue and is
caused by the lack of a "logon session" (whatever that is) in
the case of public-key authentication.

What I haven't been able to figure out from my searches is
whether there is a solution/workaround for this problem.  It's
really annoying to have to enter passwords in order to have
mapped drives (it's going to prevent me from automating some
things using shell scripts).

Is there any way to get mapped drives and public-key
authentication working together?

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm having fun
                                  at               HITCHHIKING to CINCINNATI