Re: Is it possible to build cygwin1.dll on Linux, not cygwin on Windows?

Bo Xie wrote:
Currently I built cygwin1.dll successfully using
cygwin-1.5.24-2-src.tar.bz2 on Cygwin on Windows. It is easy and just
./configure && make. Thanks!

My question is: Can I build cygwin1.dll on Linux (e.g., RHEL5 x86)?

If you're familiar with the procedure for cross compiling, then this can be applied to build Cygwin on Linux (targeting Windows). There's a good step-by-step recipe for building the cross compiler here:

<http://x.cygwin.com/docs/cg/prog-build-cross.html>

Once that's done, you can build Cygwin using the new cross compiler.

If none of this makes any sense to you and you're not interested in
slogging through it on your own, then attempting this is something
you shouldn't try.

Holliston, MA 01746