Re: Error when running "cygcheck -s -r -v"

--- Thorsten Kampe ha scritto:
> Hi,
>
> I ran "cygcheck -s -r -v" to troubleshoot a problem
> on a Windows 2003
> R2 SP2 Terminal Server and Domain Controller where
> the zsh history is
> not read.
>
> I got this error (but cygcheck output otherwise
> seems to be fine)
>
>     garbled output from 'id' command - no uid= found
>     garbled output from 'id' command - no uid= found

Hi Thorsten,

I found a similar id error when there was a
missing user or groups in
/etc/passwd  or  /etc/groups

so the SSID could not be mapped correctly.
It is similar to ???? when ls -l is used.

Playing with psgetsid and setacl
I recovered the missing SSID and added the relevant
declaration in

/etc/passwd
/etc/groups

PsGetSid v1.43 - Translates SIDs to names and vice
versa
Copyright (C) 1999-2006 Mark Russinovich
Sysinternals - www.sysinternals.com

SetACL by Helge Klein

Homepage:        http://setacl.sourceforge.net
Version:         2.0.2.0