Re: GCJ support for Java 1.5

Solly Ezekiel wrote:

I have a question I haven't seen addressed in the FAQ and mailing
lists.  Specifically, are there plans for gcj under Cygwin to support
Java 1.5 features such as generics?

The gcj web page (http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/java/) says Java
1.5 language support is available as of gcc v4.3, but Cygwin is up to
only v3.4 of gcc.
[snip]

As you already know, the answer is no, not with the gcc version currently distributed with Cygwin.

There are 2 available options, the first is free, the second is not (includes SWT and other stuff), both are MingW versions of gcc 4.3 :

http://www.thisiscool.com/gcc_mingw.htm

http://jnc.mtsystems.ch/

Hope this is useful.
--