RE: Can not log in to recently enabled/configured sshd service

On 07 February 2008 16:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Feb  7 14:46, Dave Korn wrote:

>>> Interesting.  I had CYGWIN set to "binmode tty ntsec" according to
>>> some instructions I found by googling.
>>
>>   It all depends where you keep your home directory.  For a home on your
>> local HD, that's fine, but if you have home on a network share, you need
>> 'smbntsec', since ntsec defaults to only cover local drives for speed.
>> See:
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html
>
> It's not about speed, it's about problems with Samba remote shares.

  Oh, thanks for the correction :)

> smbntsec doesn't work well with Samba if you don't run an integrated
> domain environment which includes your Samba machines.

  Ah, I thought that - because it affects all remote drives - it was SMB
specific, rather than Samba specific.  So if you're using real 'doze CIFS/SMB
shares from a 'doze server, you'd want smbntsec on all the time?

    cheers,
      DaveK