Re: XEmacs & Dialog Boxes

Paul Lange wrote:

Has anybody successfully opened dialog boxes with Cygwin XEmacs
version 21.4.21 under Cygwin X11 on XP?

All the time, but not using X11, just XEmacs under the Windows XP window manager.

If I try to click on one of
the toolbar buttons or menu items that loads a dialog box, a brief
flash occurs as a window tries to open and fails.  Following the
failure is the error message: Window width 16 too small (after
splitting)

If anybody has any suggestions, I would be most appreciative.

Have you tried without X11? Do you really need X11 running?

Just tried it under X11, starting xemacs from an xterm: no problem.

My test is doing a Tools -> Compare -> Two directories... and then choosing a pair of files to compare, which opens the Ediff dialog with the buttons and difference count (first I used Tools -> Ediff Miscellanea -> Use a toolbar...).
--
René Berber