Re: Support select() to read data from serial port

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 10:54 PM, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net> wrote:
> hce wrote:
>
>  > questions :-)). Should I just need to install setup.exe to enable me
>  > to recompile the program on cygwin, or should I need to install other
>  > resource as well for the compilation? I was using the minGW for
>  > compilation on window at the moment.
>
>  You need to choose the necessary development packages when you run setup
>  (e.g. gcc, binutils, make, w32api, etc.) in addition to the base
>  packages that are automatically selected.

Thanks Brian. I've installed the cygwin base setup.exe and I guess I
need to run cygwin.bat to start cygwin, is it correct? If so, now I am
running a cygwin shell on the window and I guess now I am running in a
unix environment, not a window environment. I need to compile the
program with a QT package. Previously, when I was using minGW, both my
program and QT was compiled under window uing WIN32 macro and WIN32
build environment.

I guess I need first to re-install and re-compile the QT for unix
under cygwin. Then I should compile my program for unix with QT under
cygwin, is it correct?

Thank you.

Jim