Re: Why does setup insist on trying to install colordiff?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 6:19 PM, Dave Korn wrote:
>  > My problem is that colordiff requires Perl, and I build my own version
>  > of Perl and don't want it downloaded via setup.exe.  Hence why I
>  > brought it up.
>
>   Oh, ouch.  Maybe until we get this sorted out we should remove the
>  dependencies.

It is probably better to fix the bug itself than to remove the dependencies :)

I've actually looked in setup.exe source and I found this piece of code:

    if (installed
        || categories.find ("Base") != categories.end ()
        || categories.find ("Misc") != categories.end ())
    {
        desired = default_version;

So by default setup attempts to install all packages in categories
Base and Misc. Why category Misc is treated as required? Maybe it
should be removed from this 'if'. But that requires changing
setup.exe, so the simplest fix would be just to change the category
for colordiff from Misc to Utils (like it was in the ITP).