From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) [mailto:reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 12:25 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Access to Network Drive under ssh

Dang, Robin wrote:
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-06/msg00820.html
>
> I am having the same problems as in the discussion and would appreciate
> any help to resolve it. After I log into a ssh session, the drives are not
> automatically mapped and typing 'net use' gives me unavailable. I can map
> them manually, but I need them to be mapped automatically to setup the
> environment properly for my scripts.
>
> "Anyway, the way I generally get things... well, closer to working, is to
> create a service that calls 'bash -c <some-sshd-init-script>', and have the
> script issue a bunch of 'net use <foo> <bar>' commands and then exec sshd.
> That way you don't have to worry about connections being remembered, because
> they will always be created for you when sshd starts up."
>
> In the post, there is a workaround for the problem, but I cannot write
> the  sshd-init-script and create the service to run it, so it works. Would anyone
> provide anymore detail or instructions?

I'd recommend:

The thread you reference isn't doing anything more to remap the drives
than you are manually.  It's just automating the process.  If that's all you
need , then just put the "net use <foo> <bar>" in your .bash_login or other
convenient spot that gets run each time you login.  The process described
above is just a more complicated way of getting here, albeit with certain
advantages (it won't remap your drives every time you invoke bash -l).

Holliston, MA 01746