RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-11

> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 16:29:07 +0100
> Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: [experimental] cygwin-1.5.25-11
>
> On Mar 6 07:18, Karl M wrote:
>> Hi All...
>>
>> ssh localhost from a cmd (bash) window works fine now, but seems a bit slower. Not a very crisp description...I know. I will do some more careful experiments and report back.
>
> I doubt that there should be any such effect. There were no socket
> changes at all. It might be a teeny bit slower on startup, but that
> would be in the usec area.

I just tried doing a time ssh localhost exit and a time ssh localhost, with the exit from an up arrow, while it was starting up. I can see a small difference between the two machines, but only 0.2 seconds or so, and the results are noisy. What I did notice is that my home machine is much faster (on slower hardware)...This is why it seemed slower to me...but the difference between two machines in a similar context (network, antivirus, etc.) is small.

Thanks,

...Karl