Re: problem with waveinopen under Vista

On Mar 10 16:25, Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> happy to read you!
>
> Maybe this is related to the fact that I have no sp1 on my Vista
> installation. Can you check on a Vista without sp1?

Sorry, no.  I have no pre-SP1 installation anymore.  However, I don't
think it's related to that.  You probably have some BLODA(*) on your
machine which interacts badly with Cygwin.

> PS: I know about /dev/dsp, but I need to do complex audio things in a
> complex program (asterisk), and last time I checked the oss emulation
> was very basic so I implemented the audio part win32 native.

A while back I asked on the Cygwin developer's mailing list if somebody
would be interested to enhance Cygwin's audio support, but I got no
reply.  One thing which annoys me is that we can only access the default
audio device, because the code only supports a single /dev/dsp.  There's
obviously a lot more in terms of audio support which would need
improvement.  If you feel up to the task, maybe you would like consider
to contribute?  If so, start here: http://cygwin.com/contrib.html

Corinna

(*) http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA
    cygcheck has some checks builtin, but the list is static and not
    complete.  Maybe Dave can come up with the latest list.

Red Hat