Re: invoke vbscript from cygwin?

Dave Burns wrote:

> Yes, that worked splendidly. Should I have known about these
> executables? Are they the regular interpreters for vbscripts?  I know
> little about cygwin and nothing about vbscript, and I did not see
> these mentioned in the documentation.

The Cygwin documentation?  Why would they be there?  We can't document
every possible non-Cygwin application that someone might want to use,
that would take gigabytes of space.  The Windows Script Host is
documented by MS on MSDN though:
<http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ey73d9d3(VS.85).aspx>

> Maybe I was too hasty, but I
> didn't even see "Here's how you invoke a regular windows .exe from
> within cygwin". I'm sorry for mystifying you - someone handed me an

There's no fundamental difference between running a Cygwin command and a
non-Cygwin command from a shell prompt, in the end it's just an .exe
either way: you type its name and the shell runs it if it can find it in
the PATH.

Brian