RE: postinstall hang

> Subject: Re: postinstall hang
>
> >> "Potential app conflicts:
> >> Logitech Process Monitor service
> >> Detected: HKLM Registry Key, Named process."
> >>
> >> So perhaps the problem is there?
> >
> >    THAT'S IT!
> >
> >  Logitech process monitor is infamous for borking cygwin.  Stop and
> > Disable it in the service control manager and with just a
> little luck
> > all those crashes will be lost in time, like tears in the rain.
>
> YES!!!
> Thanks, I didn't realise the Logitech Process Manager entered
> itself as a service...
> I just did a complete reinstall with it disabled and even
> with X and everything all went fine! For the moment I only
> really need the cygwin X-Server - do you think that will that
> run ok with the Logitech Process Manager?
> Or is that asking for trouble again?

Hi,

I just wanted to say thanks and show my appreciation for your posts on this
list and the related responses.  I too was having post-install hangs, and
following your post above I disabled both the Logitech service, quickcam.exe
and the LVComSvr process in task manager.  No problems now.  I knew Logitech
had problems with its software, but thought this was restricted to its
keyboard/mouse products, wouldn't have thought it would still happen with a
webcam.  Anyway, the end result is a full cygwin install as I wanted with no
hangs.  Thanks again.

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein Patwa.
--
PatwaNet
Tel: 0789 47 595 62

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/p/Hussein_Patwa/510013486

Get FREE, full-featured IMAP and webmail NOW!  Unlimited space, zero spam,
what could be better?  Respond now and get started today!