Re: file accessibility and copying/archive/...

Hugh Sasse wrote:

> Because it won't access things either?  I can live without ntuser.dat
> but its knowing what the others are and why they fail that is part of
> the problem.

It will be of no use because it still won't be able to access files that
are opened with sharing disallowed.

> So I'd need to boot off something else to get everything then?

No, just use a backup program and not a file copying program.

> Can it extract individual files from the backup?  I don't want to copy
> old Windows System files on to the new machine when it appears.

When you restore you can choose which files from the backup to include.
Or, when you create the backup you can just exclude those files.  Either
way, it's a big tree-view with a checkbox next to each dir.

Brian