Re: gcc version 3.4.4 (cygming special, gdc 0.12, using dmd 0.125) Internal compiler error

Cory Cohen wrote:

> How's the 4.x port coming?  Is there somewhere that I can download the
> gcc patches for cygwin and see how complicated it is?  I assume that
> there's no hope of the 4.x branch compiling on cygwin without major surgery?

No, it builds and works fine, that's never been a problem.  It's just
that some things won't be supported or work fully.  Whether those things
matter to you or are irrelevant depends on what you're doing and which
languages you're doing it in.

Also, part of the delay in the switch is the desire to switch from SJLJ
to Dwarf-2 exception handling as default, which has a whole slew of
compatibility questions.  PLEASE search the archives though, as this has
been discussed extensively.

Brian