RE: Looking for basic documentation on Cygwin and Serial Ports

Nefastor wrote on 25 April 2008 17:26:

> Thanks Dave, I kinda suspected the FTDI drivers for the COM3 issue

  One tip I've learned is never, ever, ever, unplug them while you're still
running your terminal software (or whatever) and it's got the port open.
Disconnect, or exit the application, or you're screwed until you reboot.

  However, discussion of their many and varied flaws is getting fairly far
off-topic because it's not cygwin-specific; if you'd like to pursue that
angle, we should TITTTL.

    cheers,
      DaveK