Cygwin = cross platform (one way)?

I don't know if this question should be asked here or
not.

I have a small socket server application running on
Linux. It uses Unix socket libraries and also do some
file operations. I am wondering if I can compile it
with Cygwin without any changes on my code?

If yes, that means Cygwin is kind of tool to make an
application being cross platform from Linux to
Windows? So it cam replace ACE and Boost for those
start from Linux?

Please just send your comments to me if any if this
question should not be posted here.

thanks,

James