Re: compile problems on cygwin

On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 04:31:59PM -0400, R P Herrold wrote:

> per (and uncharacteristically responding to myself):
>     http://cygwin.com/problems.html

That link also suggests against using the generic "I have a problem"
type of Subject and asks for some details.

> I attach the environment inventory, on the seeming missing #undef exposed
> by the trading shim tarball at:
>     ftp://ftp.trading-shim.org/pub/local/trading-shim/attic/shim-080411.tgz
> which I reported here a few minutes ago.

Actually you alluded to a problem rather than actually reporting it.  There
were almost no details in your first email.

If it is something as simple as cygwin's gcc not honoring #undef then it
seems like a simple test case could demonstrate the problem.  Your
5,880,888 byte tar file doesn't really qualify.

Do you have a succint problem description and a simple test case which
describes it?

cgf