g++ linking shared object problem

Hi,

I link a program to a shared library (which I created before). From the library I just use one class. The linking seems to work. However the final executable seems to be corrupt. It just starts and stops without an error message. However even print statements which are in the code are not executed. This looks like the executable itself is corrupt.

When running gdb I get:
gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000135 at 0x7c974ed1

Program exited with code 030000000465
You can't do that without a process to debug

Are there any ideas of what might have gone wrong? The creation of the shared library also did not show any problem.

Cheers,
              Rainer