Re: cygwin + diffutils

bam wrote:

I use cygwin 1.5.24-14, I just add the diffutils-2.8.7-1 package and I have problem using diff.
Diff never find differences between files and produce no error message or whatever.

I create a file 'a' containing a single letter 'a' and a file 'b' containing a single letter 'b'.
The command 'diff a b' produce nothing at all, no message, nothing.

The diff command is found by the 'which' command at '/usr/bin/diff' and it has rights to execute for everybody ; the '/usr/bin' directory is in the PATH variable.

What can I do ?

Run: cygcheck /usr/bin/diff

My guess is that you are missing a dll or two.
--
René Berber