Re: Thought/Suggestion/Is it Possible for the new Cygwin 1.7 /etc/fstab

On Jun  3 13:11, Brian Keener wrote:
> With my recent attempt and ultimate success at compiling a debug
> version of Cygwin - I realize I must have stumbled on the new 1.7
> version and subsequently tripped over the new /etc/fstab.  Now that I
> have all of this working I wonder if there is a way on the new fstab to
> dictate that a drive like a cdrom (my D Drive on my laptop) is
> unmountable so that when it auto mounts one that is in the drive I can
> do the correct process and unmount the drive and then mount again when
> a new cd is placed in the drive.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to accomplish.  It sounds
like you already get what you want without having to use umount/mount.
Either a CD is in the drive or not.  If a CD is in the drive, you get to
it through /cygdrive/d, if there's no CD, there's no logical drive and
thus no /cygdrive/d.

Corinna

Red Hat