New mirror checker in operation

I am running a new mirror checker on the cygwin web site.  It should do
a much better job of finding valid mirrors.  The mirror check process
now runs multiple times a day validating that files on the mirrors are
up to date.

There is still a hole between the time where package maintainer updates
a package on the main cygwin site and the mirror grabs the package.  So
we still can't guarantee that the mirror list contains 100% accurate
data.  Hopefully we won't have situations where mirrors are just garbage
now, however.  On closer inspection of the old mirror checker, I found a
few cases where it would interpret information incorrectly when it was
scanning a mirror for valid files, leaving the mirror list in an
incorrect state.

The new mirror checker returns better errors so I was actually able to
resurrect a few mirrors which had moved the location of the cygwin
mirror directory on their site.  There are also a few mirrors which
inexplicably only contain a subset of the cygwin release directory.  I
guess I'll eventually just remove them from the master list entirely.

If you think there are problems with the new list please continue to
send them here.  If you register as a new mirror please send email
to sourcemaster .

cgf