g++ segfaults with new cygwin1.dll

Hi,

I have a cross-gcc 3.2.3 built at a time when Cygwin1.dll version 1.5.13
was current.
Now I want to update to a newer gcc version, so I built it with the current
Cygwin environment (with Cygwin1.dll version 1.5.25), and it runs ok.
But if I run my old gcc with the new Cygwin1.dll (1.5.25) it segfaults
for a c++ source which cimpiles ok with the old dll.
I can even rebuild gcc 3.2.3 on the current Cygwin, and it crashes on that
source.
What could be the reason that it segfaults with the new Cygwin1.dll but
not with the old one ?

(I have totally different pointer addresses; seems like the new Cygwin.dll
allocates memory at addresses from 0x7FFFFFFF down while the old one
allocated bottom up)

Maett