cv view (son of xv?)

I am trying to install the "CV" package.

"CV is supposed to work similar to the venerable XV image viewer, just faster."

http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/CV.html

It depends on the following packages. which I have no trouble making and installing.
    -   ExtUtils-Depends-0.300.tar.gz
    -	Glib-1.183.tar.gz

But, one other dependency or problem I ran into is it say it needs.

    - Gtk2-1.183.tar.gz

This will not install.  I try to do this:
     perl Makefile.pl

and get this:
*** can not find package gtk+-2.0 >= 2.0.0
*** check that it is properly installed and available in PKG_CONFIG_PATH
 at Makefile.pl line 73

I have all of the cygwin X-vindow gtk libs, etc., but this can find gtk+-2.0,

I am trying to install gtk2-1.83.... It seems that its depending upon itself, but...

Any one out there who has any suggestions, advice, etc.  I would appreciate it.  I really liked the way xv (x-window viewer) worked.

regards,