Re: seg fault produces stackdump with no stack trace

Thanks to all for your prompt replies! Much appreciated.

I'm amazed that the stack trace is so wimpy. All I did to trigger the example
was to add a call to this function to intentionally crash:

int letsCrash()
{
   int (*myfunc)() = 0;
   return myfunc();
}

With the debugger, it produces the following message at crash time:

0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Even the debugger didn't know where it was anymore! It's obvious in this case
why it went off in the weeds, but I would have thought the stack would still
be accessible.

The real crash is occurring too intermittently to catch it in the debugger.
That's why I was hoping for a stack trace, so I could at least know which
function to set a breakpoint in.

Thanks again,
--Steve