Re: seg fault produces stackdump with no stack trace

On Fri, Aug 01, 2008 at 05:55:24PM +0000, Steve Waldo wrote:
>Thanks to all for your prompt replies! Much appreciated.
>
>I'm amazed that the stack trace is so wimpy.

You're right.  The algorithm isn't really sophisticated but it shouldn't
be quite that bad.

I just checked in a fix which should keep the stack trace going even
when it finds a return address of zero.

It will be in the next cygwin snapshot at: http://cygwin.com/snapshots/
but be advised that this is a 1.7.x version of Cygwin and there ar
changes to the way mounts are handled in this new version as well as
other incompatibilies with the current stable 1.5.x series.  So, if
you use it, please research the differences by reading the cygwin
mailing list archives.

cgf