Compile

I'm trying to compile a wonderful program ( command line ) to grab
videoes from youtube. It needs newt, a little utility. But when I try to
compile this utility I have the follewing errors :

/bin/sh ../../../libtool --tag=CC   --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
-I. -I../../..    -I/usr/include/python2.5 -g -O2 -MT _snackmodule_la-snackmodule.lo -MD -MP -MF
.deps/_snackmodule_la-snackmodule.Tpo -c -o _snackmodule_la-snackmodule.lo `test -f 'sna

ckmodule.c' || echo './'`snackmodule.c

 gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../.. -I/usr/include/python2.5 -g -O2 -MT
_snackmodule_la-snackmodule.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/_snackmodule_la-snackmodule.Tpo -c snackmodule.c  -DDLL_EXPORT -DPIC -o
.libs/_snackmodule_la-snackmodule.o

snackmodule.c:126: error: initializer element is not constant
snackmodule.c:126: error: (near initialization for `snackGridType.ob_type')
snackmodule.c:168: error: initializer element is not constant
snackmodule.c:168: error: (near initialization for `snackFormType.ob_type')
snackmodule.c:255: error: initializer element is not constant
snackmodule.c:255: error: (near initialization for `snackWidgetType.ob_type')
make: *** [_snackmodule_la-snackmodule.lo] Error 1

Do you know if it is an unrecoverable error ( a limitation of cygwin )
that will not permit to install this utility ?