Re: Weird filesystem permissions issue.

Jason Pyeron wrote:

> Would that explain:

Explain what?

> Note the double take1 and take2

There's nothing wrong with having a system entry and a user entry for
the same path.  The user entry takes precendence, to allow for the user
to customize a systemwide setting.

> I am going to be compiling out-of-tree add-on languages. GHDL in particular.

Right but my point is more that unless you have run into a situation
where the source requires it, you can just avoid managed mounts
entirely.  And the plain FSF gcc doesn't, as far as I know, only one of
(D or Pascal) so unless you are building one of those, or unless you've
identified something in GHDL that does, you can skip all this nonsense.

Brian