Using mutt to sendmail via remote SMTP

I using thunderbird to send this mail, recently i found that I can run
cygwin with my USB, so I wonder how to use cygwin MUA like mutt to
sending mail via gmail. As far in my research mutt look for sendmail
program in exim or other smtp program running in localhost to sending
mail, and this is not suite to my purpose.
Maybe anyone in this list can point me a way to make mutt sending mail
with remote SMTP server?

thank