Re: ctrl-c terminates ssh session using cmd.exe login shell

On Sun, Aug 03, 2008 at 11:37:55AM -0700, Linda Walsh wrote:
> Stephen Quintero wrote:
>> Using cmd.exe as the login shell, ctrl-c terminates the ssh session
>> (rather than being propagated to the process on the remote server).
>
>> My question is - is there some way to work around this?
>> For example, running bash as the login shell, and then running cmd.exe,
>> does not fix the
> ---
> try
> (export CYGWIN=tty;cygstart bash.exe) at a bash prompt...
>
> Basically you need to set the env var CYGWIN to contain 'tty', if you
> already have
> something in CYGWIN, you might want to use:
> (export CYGWIN="tty $CYGWIN"; cygstart bash.exe)...
>
> You could set the env-var in a .bat file which then launches cygwin?
>
> You can make the 'tty' setting permanently part of your CYGWIN var by
> adding
> it to your windows environment (system properties, advanced,
> Environ vars; user...)

Sorry but this is bad advice.  There is no reason to use CYGWIN=tty unless
you have a clear need for it.  Using CYGWIN=tty means that some non-cygwin
programs will operate incorrectly so I wouldn't suggest this technique for
a casual or first time user.

cgf