Re: Does anyone use insight on cygwin?

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Does anyone actually use insight on Cygwin?

Yes, not regularly but it works fine.

Keith Seitz, the insight
maintainer, has recently made changes which will allow insight to work
with a non-special version of tcl/tk rather than the hacked version that
it had previously been built with.  That opens the door to building a
real version of tcl/tk for cygwin and linking insight to it.
Unfortunately, I believe that would mean that insight would need to run
in an X window rather than natively.

No problem as far as I'm concerned, I run Cygwin/X all the time to use mrxvt.

The other alternative is to nuke insight entirely.  Is anyone really
relying on it?  Since I barely test it when I release gdb, I'd expect
that there would be problem reports but I don't remember seeing any for
quite some time.

Not a big issue, one can use XEmacs to have gdb GUI support... not as good but with some customization it can come close to Insight.
--
René Berber