Re: Does anyone use insight on cygwin?

2008/8/5 Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com>:
> Christopher Faylor wrote on 05 August 2008 15:40:
>
>> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 11:25:32AM +0200, Reini Urban wrote:
>>> I use it from time to time, when raw gdb is not good enough.
>>> Esp. with perl with its hundreds of vars I desperately need it.
>>>
>>> gdb has some problems with dll's, but insight works fine.
>>
>> insight is gdb so I can't really conceive of a situation where insight
>> would work better than gdb wrt dlls.
>
>  I can - indirectly.  Frex, it may be that insight drives gdb using
> different workflow and subset of the available commands than Reini
> habitually uses, thereby exercising different code paths and maybe avoiding
> some problem area.

No, that's not what I meant. The insight UI is fine, esp. if we stay
with the GDI Tk interface.

What is troubling is gdb's not being able to load certain dll's from
to time with certain command-line args. Of course this problem also
occurs within insight, because it's a
gdb problem with --args exe args.
I do have an easy workaround without --args but using $ run args so I
do not complain.

--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/