1.5.25 Cannot see all files/directories on mapped shares

Hi,

I am running 1.5.25 on Windows 2003. When I map a share from a Windows server I have no problems and can see all the files. When I map a share from a samba server I cannot only see some of the files and directories. I can see all the files and directories when I view the share from the Windows explorer. I have tried with rxvt and the standard console window and get the same result.

Specifically the share is mapped as vol01admin and has a Staff folder in it. The Staff folder has 1441 directories viewable from windows, but I can only see 131 from cygwin. There are several perl and dos scripts in the directory of which only 1 is visible from cygwin. When I view the permissions on the scripts and directories from windows using xcacls there are no differences between the ones I can see from cygwin and the ones I cannot see from cygwin.

Any ideas on how to proceed are most appreciated.

cheers,

ski

--
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it
 connected to the entire universe"            John Muir

Chris "Ski" Kacoroski, kacoroski@gmail.com, 206-501-9803
or ski98033 on most IM services