Re: Windows CIFS share "ls: reading directory .: permission denied"

Freddy Jensen wrote:

After much experimentation, I had to give up on making it work directly with the share on the server.

Instead I tried to run Samba on a SparcSolaris 9 machine
and then go through the Samba connection for all access
to the server.

This method works, but it is slower than going directly
to the server.

I really wish someone on the cygwin development team
could spare a few cycles to look into this problem.

Perhaps it doesn't affect very many people, because
I haven't seen a whole lot of reports about this
problem.

Any further insight will be appreciated.

If you're interested to see if this problem is solved or still exists in the upcoming 1.7 release, you might be interested in grabbing a snapshot and trying it out. See:

<http://cygwin.com/snapshots/>

You can report your successes or "challenges" here. ;-)

Holliston, MA 01746