Re: Does anyone use insight on cygwin?

Dave Korn wrote:
> > broke Insight and/or Tcl/Tk because as soon as I changed back to a
> > released Cygwin1.dll - Insight started working again from bash.
>
>   Are you /entirely/ sure you didn't accidentally leave a service running or
> a shell or something or somehow end up with two clashing DLLs at the same
> time?  Unless you've been making changes to the source code, any self-build
> DLL ought to be just as good as one from upstream.

Thanks Dave,
I don't want to hijack this thread but I will explain further and then we can
take to a new thread if we want.  What I meant was I changed back to a
non-debug released version of the dll and Insight started working again. With
my debug version of Cygwin1.dll running Insight would get a Tcl/TK error
looking for the init file.  Changing back to the released non debug version
fixed it.  Yes - no duplicate dll's and the Service for Openssh (only Cygwin
service I think I have running) had been started and restarted many times
since I noticed this and the system rebooted quite few times.  Hadn't thought
much of it (was using gdb) until I double checked on a second system (same
packages installed) and Insight worked there - then I knew something was up
and remembered I was running a debug version and swapped back as fluke.

Thanks again

bk