Re: CSIH file permission tests on non-NTFS broken (was Re: ssh-host-config script fails)

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Aug 4 20:51, Charles Wilson wrote:

getvolinfo program
as one of the csih helper progs, and put it under /usr/lib/csih/ (alternatively, import getvolinfo into cygutils).

In that case, I wouldn't need to check for NTFS at all -- instead, I'd check for "FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS[ ]*: TRUE", right?

Sounds like a good idea to me. OTOH, whatever you test, you might not cover all situations. What about letting the user override the test?

Well, I can set up a new variable that calling scripts could assert, in order to force behavior one way or the other. But it would be up to the calling scripts to create a command line option so that the end user could override behavior. (although I suppose the end user could set them as exported environment vars)

I'm thinking something like a list of mount points that are/are-not ACL capable:

csih_WIN32_VOLS_WITH_ACLS="E:;//server/share;F:"
csih_WIN32_VOLS_WITHOUT_ACLS="C:;D:;//server/othershare"

Then these lists would be checked first, before using getvolinfo for unspecified mounts. That is:

csih_path_supports_acls()
{
    # convert $1 to win32
    # check if it starts with any of the volumes
    #   in csih_WIN32_VOLS_WITH_ACLS (\,/-agnostic)
    #   and return true
    # check if it starts with any of the volumes
    #   in csih_WIN32_VOLS_WITHOUT_ACLS (\,/-agnostic)
    #   and return false
    return getvolinfo $1 | egrep "FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS[ ]*: TRUE"
}

--
Chuck