Re: bash builtin "test" kills bash on Win 2003 Server R2 x64 (some hardware)

On Thu, 7 Aug 2008, Larry Hall (Cygwin)
<reply-to-list-only-lh@cygwin.com> wrote:
> But leaving that aside for the moment, perhaps you have a a
> corrupted '/bin/[.exe'.  Yes, it's just a WAG that really shouldn't
> be an issue but given your unique environment, maybe it's worth
> checking.

I don't have the original note handy, but I thought it was of the form
    if [ ... ]
As the subject line noted, [ is a shell builtin in bash (and I think
even in sh of recent decades), so I don't see how it could be affected
by corruption of anything other than /bin/bash.exe.

If the original code was
    if /bin/test ...
or
    if /bin/[ ... ]